- Authority (I show you my credentials...CV upon request)
- Complementarity (I don't ever try to replace the skills of your physician. Unlike some blogs/DTC websites...)
- Attribution (I cite sources that I use)
- Justifiability (I will back up any claims made on my site)
- Financial Disclosure (I am not a company shill, and would admit it if I were)
- Advertising Policy (I don't disguise advertisements as "new info/studies") I won't sell ad space unless I need the money to operate this site.
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Earlier this week I applied for the HON Code accreditation. Why? I am dedicated to providing credible education and information. And I will not settle for anything less.
HONcode indicates this. How? The approval shows that at The Gene Sherpa I aim to abide with the 8 aims of Health On The Net. What are those aims?
What is HONcode? "The oldest and the most used ethical and trustworthy code for medical and health related information available on Internet.The HONcode is designed for two target audiences: the general public and the web publisher, actively involving the site owner in the process of accreditation." -HONcode website
"The HON Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organization, internationally known for its pioneering work in the field of health information ethics, notably for the establishment of its code of ethical conduct, the HONcode" -HONcode website
Are you looking for HONcode accreditation?
The Gene Sherpa says: You should be. Be wary of internet sites that have not been verified by this process.