Friday, October 10, 2008
That's right. Personalized medicine is such a hot topic that we deserve 2 months! Why Not? I will get W. on the phone and make it so!
Seriously though, there are some excellent conferences on the horizon. I was asked to speak at a couple but couldn't do it and am now pulling out of another. But don't worry, the Sherpa will still be speaking at the Burrill and Company conference in November.
1. Ohio State University Medical Center is having its inaugural conference in Personalized Medicine. I am so sorry to not be able to attend nor speak. But we will be collaborating ;)
2. Harvard and my colleague Mike Murray are now having their CME conference on the Genetic Basis of Adult Disease. I will be speaking there and am on Faculty at this wonderful conference. I will be traveling Sunday at 2am to get there in time! Mike and Mark, Bruce and Dick will all be there! All should attend, Internists, Specialists, PAs, NPs and CGCs!
3. ASHG is in Philly. For those who don't know what (Ay-Shag) is, it is the American Society for Human Genetics and it is a must attend conference for EVERYONE. I will be flying in from San Francisco where I will speak at.....
4. The Burrill Personalized Medicine Meeting!!! Where I will be presenting with Linda Avey and Peter Vitulli from Sciona. I am super excited about this conference as well.
5. I will not be able to go up to Boston again for Harvard's Personalized Medicine Conference
:( sorry Raju!!! But it is yet again, another great conference to put on your radar.
Lastly, I am sad that I will be unable to speak at the NSGC Education Conference, unfortunately a personal commitment precludes me from flying to L.A. I was so hoping to catch up with my friend Brandon Colby there, but will have to defer. Oh well, there is always next year. I was looing forward to going over the Navigenics and 23andMe reports with counselor and explain what would be needed to interpret and counsel on risks of complex diseases like heart attack and multiple sclerosis.
So you see....Personalized Medicine is so big that it deserves 2 months!!!
The Sherpa Says: Have a great Columbus Day everyone. Remember, Columbus was ridiculed by all aspects of what was considered rational society for wanting to travel across the globe. He had an idea and criticized conventional thinking. Unfortunately, his own country wouldn't support him. I kind of consider myself to be just like him. Risk taker, lightning rod and discoverer of a New World. We ARE headed to that New World. Why don't you join me? I can't wait to get there, we are already underway!!!
Posted by Steve Murphy MD at 2:14 PM