Today I was asked to be on the faculty of Harvard's famous Continuing Medical Education conference in the Genetic Basis of Adult Disease. I am extremely honored to be a part of this distinguished faculty. This year's conference will be held October 12-14th. The last conference topics and website are still up and I am certain the new one will be shortly. I highly recommend it for all physicians looking to become Sherpas or at least to stay up with the breakneck pace of genetic discovery in medicine. Several topics include:
- Genetic Causes of Heart Failure
- Genetics of Lipid Disorders
- Genetics of Cardiovascular Disease
- Genetics of Common Psychiatric Diagnoses
- Genetics, Lung Cancer and Treatment Responses
- Genetics of Gastro-Intestinal Diseases
- Barriers to the collection and use of the Family Health History in Primary Care
So who should attend this great conference?
Internal Medicine Docs
I was at the conference last year and am excited to be behind the podium this year. Please mark your calendars!!!!