Tuesday, September 15, 2009

This Just In. 23andMe to go to GPs. I love my readers!!


That's correct. 23andSergey are going to offer GPs deep discounted SNP scans to General Practitioners in England.

As she is interviewed by The Times!!!

This comes just DAYS after I said that their market is in England, NOT the United States.....


"After listening closely to Timothy Aitman of the Imperial College of London, it seems to me that the market for DTC is not in the United States.

It is in Jolly 'Ol England. "

One of my readers sent this to me today and I laughed and laughed.

Why?

I am filling out an abstract that I will present to the GAPPNET meeting in Michigan.

It is about media response and attitudinal change to these companies correlated to my blog posts......

So what does Jolly 'Ol Anne and Bloody Sergey plan to do for Londoners????

"Ms Wojcicki said that it would be especially important for companies like hers to work with doctors to interpret genomic information, as the costs of DNA sequencing fall further. It is widely predicted that it will be possible to sequence anybody’s entire genome for less than £1,000 within a year or two, to reveal genetic variations that influence disease risk and response to drugs."

Ahhh, now you want to work with doctors Eh? Maybe listening to Mari Baker a little???? Physician distribution centers......

OMG, Dietrich, did you tell them our plan????

Well, count me in. As long as you come on bended knee. I will hear what you have to say. But then you have to hear what I am to say as well........

I have been getting CPMC data, this is no different, except the lack of IRB, the potential of bankruptcy sales of my data, the pootential of google linking this data to my gmail account etc.

The Sherpa Says: After trying to replace doctors with algorithms and getting bashed up against a brick wall, I would be more than happy to help you do this the right way.....Unless of course, you eat pain for breakfast!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Steve Murphy MD said...

Seriously?

I predicted regulations.
I predicted Navi's staff change
I predicted Francis and Oprah and 23andMe's foray into clinical.....

Are you serious? That is at least 4 times.......

LOL.

Anonymous said...

stating the obvious is not predicting, sorry

Steve Murphy MD said...

Obvious to some is not obvious to all.
If it were obvious to you, then of course you could have predicted this as well.

Fortune telling is not predicting. But stating what you see as the obvious that others may not see is in fact a prediction.

Take it or leave it bub.....